Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The textual elephant in the room (in the process)?

Nick and Gwenneth, you both raise a really valid point I think. Probably one of the main problems there seems to be with what i assumed when I began this is that everyone would be totally amenable to the way the process would be communicated. But making an assumption like that has proven pretty dangerous - as both you and Gwenneth point to; everyone has their own way of undertaking work and creation. The fact that someone creates a work that will be put into a public space does not imply an immediate opening of that work or of that creator. I think that my assumption extended into personal process; in that I expected there to be a place for observers and documentative mechanics. And these things, not usually in place in such a process probably compromise much of what is communicated. the challenge is managing to navigate around these things

No comments: